Coconut Yogurt Chia Pudding Recipe
½ cup Unsweetened Coconut Yogurt
3 tbsp Chia Seeds
¼ cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
½cup Frozen Strawberries
1 ½ tbsp Almond Butter
- In a medium-sized bowl, add the yogurt, chia seeds, almond milk, and strawberries and stir well to combine.
- Place in the fridge for 25 to 30 minutes, until thickened.
- Remove from the fridge and stir in the almond butter. Serve and enjoy!
Leftovers: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
Serving Size: One serving is equal to about 1 cup of chia pudding.
Nut-Free: Use tahini and coconut milk instead of almond butter and almond milk.
Optional Add-Ins: Add a pinch of cinnamon or vanilla.
Like it Sweeter: Add a drizzle of honey or maple syrup.
Substitutions: Use regular yogurt or Greek yogurt.
Dr. Mark Stengler NMD, MS, is a bestselling author in private practice in Encinitas, California, at the Stengler Center for Integrative Medicine.
- Coconut Yogurt: Unsweetened coconut yogurt is a dairy-free alternative made from coconut milk. It is rich and creamy, offering a deliciously tangy flavor profile. Coconut yogurt is also packed with probiotics, which promote gut health and aid in digestion. Additionally, it provides healthy fats and essential nutrients like calcium and magnesium.
- Chia Seeds: Chia seeds are small but mighty seeds loaded with fiber, protein, omega-3 fatty acids, and antioxidants. When combined with liquid, chia seeds form a gel-like consistency, creating a pudding-like texture in this recipe. They help to thicken the mixture and provide a boost of nutrition, including sustained energy and satiety.
- Almond Milk: Unsweetened almond milk is a dairy-free milk alternative made from almonds and water. It is low in calories and carbohydrates but rich in vitamins and minerals like vitamin E, calcium, and vitamin D. Almond milk adds creaminess to the chia pudding without adding excess sugar, making it suitable for those with dietary restrictions or preferences.
- Frozen Strawberries: Frozen strawberries are convenient and nutritious additions to this recipe. They are rich in vitamin C, fiber, and antioxidants, offering a sweet and tart flavor to balance the richness of the coconut yogurt and almond milk. Plus, using frozen strawberries helps to chill the pudding quickly and adds a refreshing element to each bite.
- Almond Butter: Almond butter adds richness, creaminess, and nutty flavor to the chia pudding. It also provides healthy fats, protein, and essential nutrients like vitamin E and magnesium. Stirring in almond butter adds depth of flavor and contributes to the overall texture of the pudding, making it more satisfying and delicious.
By combining these wholesome ingredients, you create a nutritious and delicious Coconut Yogurt Chia Pudding that's perfect for breakfast, a snack, or even dessert. It's creamy, satisfying, and packed with essential nutrients to fuel your day and support your overall well-being.
For further information about Dr. Stengler’s approach to holistic health and wellness, please visit our website at MarkStengler.com or contact us at (760) 274-2377.