2 cups Water
2 cups Oats (rolled)
1/4 cup Chia Seeds
2 Kiwi (chopped)
1. In a small saucepan, bring the water to a boil and add in the oats and chia seeds. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until oats are cooked through.
2. Divide the oatmeal between bowls and top with kiwi. Enjoy!
Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to four days.
One serving is equal to half a cup of oatmeal and half of a kiwi.
Add cinnamon or maple syrup.
Add nuts, seeds and berries.
- Oats (Rolled): Oats are a nutritious whole grain rich in fiber, particularly soluble fiber called beta-glucan, which helps lower cholesterol levels and promotes digestive health. They are also a good source of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, making them an excellent choice for a hearty and satisfying breakfast.
- Chia Seeds: Chia seeds are tiny nutritional powerhouses packed with fiber, protein, omega-3 fatty acids, and various vitamins and minerals. They can help improve digestion, promote satiety, and support heart health. When mixed with liquid, chia seeds form a gel-like consistency, adding thickness and texture to the oatmeal while providing an additional nutritional boost.
- Kiwi: Kiwi is a vibrant and flavorful fruit rich in vitamin C, vitamin K, vitamin E, folate, and potassium. It also contains enzymes like actinidin, which aids in digestion by breaking down proteins. Adding chopped kiwi to the oatmeal provides a refreshing burst of sweetness, acidity, and tropical flavor, as well as additional vitamins and minerals to support overall health.
By incorporating these wholesome ingredients into your oatmeal recipe, you're not only creating a delicious and satisfying breakfast but also nourishing your body with essential nutrients to start your day off right.
For further information about Dr. Stengler’s approach to nutrition and holistic health, please visit our website at MarkStengler.com or contact us at (760) 274-2377.