In this video Dr. Stengler talks about a very common…
Naturopathic Medical Doctors in San Diego
Dr. Mark Stengler, NMD is one of the most respected integrative doctors in America. He was voted the 2019 Doctor of the Year and 2021 Doctor of the Decade by the prestigious International Association of Top Professionals. Dr. Angela Stengler, NMD strives to give the patient the power to improve his or her quality of life.
Dr. Mark Stengler, NMD
His secret is all about balance. As a Naturopathic Medical Doctor, Dr. Stengler received extensive training in both conventional medicine and natural alternatives. Stengler is constantly updating his protocols based on the most recent published research as well as his own research.
Dr. Stengler completed his premedical studies at Mount Royal University (in Calgary, Alberta, Canada), and the University of Calgary, and graduate-level naturopathic medical school at the National University of Natural Medicine in Portland, Oregon. Dr. Stengler is currently completing a Master’s program in Biology. He also holds a Master’s degree in Religious Studies and a Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Arts.
His naturopathic medical education taught Dr. Stengler the same basic sciences studied by MD candidates, but it also provided him with equally as extensive knowledge of holistic and nontoxic methods. This balanced approach put a strong emphasis on disease prevention and optimizing wellness.
In addition to a standard medical curriculum that included training in diagnosis, lab testing, pharmacology and minor surgery, Dr. Stengler’s well-rounded education also had him complete training in bio-identical hormones, intravenous nutrient therapy, chelation therapy, ozone therapy, clinical nutrition, Chinese medicine, homeopathic medicine, botanical medicine, psychology and counseling to encourage people to make lifestyle changes in support of their personal health.
Degrees and Certifications
- Doctorate of Naturopathic Medicine
- Diplomate of the College of Physicians
- Certification in Restorative Medicine
- Certification Intravenous Nutrient Therapy
- Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Arts
- Masters of Religious Studies from Southern California Seminary
- Certificate in Advanced Metabolic Endocrinology from The Metabolic Medical Institute
- Licensed to practice as a Naturopathic Medical Doctor in California
- American Association of Naturopathic Physicians
- California Association of Naturopathic Doctors
- Member of the American College for Advancement in Medicine
- Member of the American Association of Integrative Medicine
- Association for the Advancement of Restorative Medicine
- Member of the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine (A4M)
- Member of the Endocrinology Association of Naturopathic Physicians
Dr. Angela Stengler, NMD
Dr. Stengler is a licensed naturopathic medical doctor who has a passion for helping patients using nutritional and natural therapies. Her introduction to holistic medicine began in college during her junior year abroad while studying in England. She experienced first-hand the dramatic healing effects of a topical herbal therapy prescribed by a nurse for her injured foot. This positive experience, along with support from her pre-medical advisor who was researching the use of Chinese mushrooms and cancer, led to her decision to focus on integrative medicine instead of conventional medicine.
Degrees and Certifications
- BA Pitzer College Human Biology (1993)
- ND National College of Naturopathic Medicine (1997)
- MS Liberty University Master of Science in Exercise Science and Wellness: Nutrition and Wellness (2020) Cand.
International Association of Top Professionals
Dr. Mark Stengler, NMD Doctor of the Decade
Dr. Stengler was recently chosen as Doctor of the Decade by the International Association of Top Professionals. The IAOTP handpicks the world’s finest, most prestigious top professionals from different industries.
Ready to begin your wellness journey?
Contact us today to schedule an appointment with one of our providers.